LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XControls only in the PDS edition of LV?

Hi all,

I am about to purchase LabVIEW for a couple projects and I am trying to decide which edition to purchase.

As we all know, LabVIEW is expensive.  And I don't want to purchase more than I need.  All I need is the BASE edition ($1000) and Application Builder ($1500).  But I have also inherited an Xcontrol which I want to use in my code.  And I want to build executables with that XControl.   Because of this one single XControl, it looks like I would need the PDS which increases my costs substantially ($5000).  My questions are:

Could I purchase the Base edition and the Application Builder toolkit, and use this exisiting XControl to build my applications?  I just can't edit the XControl (i.e. run-time only XControl), right?

Has anyone used an XControl in the Base Edition?  They work OK for you?

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,458 Views)

I researched this a bit when I was looking into my new company's software package. We ended up going with the Professional because of the application builder, report generation toolkit and the other little tools. From what I remember, the Xcontrols can be used just fine, but you're stuck with whatever they come as. They are essentially just another control from the palette, so you can get away with doing everything else you can do with another control.

This points to the same conclusion.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,442 Views)