LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing multiple waveforms to a single Excel file

I'm using LV17, a cDAQ-9174, and an NI9219.

I am collecting analog voltage data from three sensors...linear position, angular position, and an accelerometer. I need to send the converted data to excel. With one sensor it's no big deal, Export Waveform to Spreadsheet VI. The problem comes in when I'm trying to send the data from all 3 sensors to Excel.

What do I need to fix / change in this VI?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,543 Views)

Here are two suggestions:

• Attach your code as a VI, which makes it much easier for us to examine it, test it, modify it, etc.
  • Read the Help associated with the functions you use.  Did you know that Export Waveform to Spreadsheet File will accept an array of Waveforms?  Might this be the "solution" you need?

Something else -- there is no "Excel" in this code.  A "Spreadsheet File" is simply a text file with "rows" separated by End-of-Line sequences, and entries ("columns") separated by a "Separator character", by default a <Tab>, but often changed to a Comma, making it a "Comma-Separated Values", or .csv, file.  Excel can read and write .csv files, and Microsoft "hijacks" the extension to associate it with Excel (and give it an Excel-ish icon), but Excel is not needed or used here.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,518 Views)

Figured it out. Was just a matter of setting up the tunnels correctly and creating the array outside the loop.

Message 3 of 3
(2,477 Views)