LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing an array of data to the 845xI2C

Hi,

I am currently using a NI8451 USB in order to program the TI 77910A. I have successfully managed to write and read on individual EEPROM registers. My problem is that I wish to program on 12 registers simultaneously, I therefore changed my inputs to the 845xI2C  Script+Write VIs  to arrays. However, when I effectively do run my VI,  only the first element of each array( EEPROM Register+Data) is transmitted. I know it is a limitation of my device but I am not able to find an alternative in order to input the address of registers and their data all at once.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

P.S. I have tried implementing a series of 12 parallel Script Address+Write VIs. Labview crashes everytime i run the VI.

Thanks,

Vid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,313 Views)

First of all, you might want to add a delay after running the script.  You need to allow time for the script to actually run before you shut down the device.

Secondly, you only need to close the device once.  As soon as any of those loops is done, you should be getting errors due to an invaild reference.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,293 Views)

Thanks crossrulz. Coming back to the array inputted to the Script+Write VI, how can I input more than 1 EEPROM register address and data effectively? 

Vid. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,288 Views)

I'm thinking you are just going to have to use a FOR loop to build the script and then run the script.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,282 Views)