LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing DIgital Outpu Problems when clcking Start Windows button

I'm using a PCI 6025 on Win98 with NI-Daq 6.9.1. When run a VI that writes to one digital line output and then click on the windows START button, the output changes state. It writes 0 and 1 randomly. I tried even using the Intermediate level vis but it still happens. What should I do ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,393 Views)
Is your VI in a loop? Is it toggling the bit? Is there any way you can post your VI here so we can see it?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,393 Views)
Hello;

This is looking as a programming issue on your VI. Could you post the VI here so we could take a look at it?
Regards.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,393 Views)

Please post your code.

There is something going on here that I am not sure of. It seems that your VI is working differently based on focus or threading. It may be a matter of changing threads, but I can't make a judgement without the code.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,393 Views)
Here is the example code.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,393 Views)

Having review your code, I would like to recommend a next step.

Place the code in highlight execution. Run it, and see if, without caring about the highlighting going on, that the effect is duplicated. If not, I cannot be sure of where to advise you next. If it does, then you are doing good so far. Now, run the thing again (stop, restart, etc.) and pay attention to the highlight execution. You need to be able to figure out what code is executing, what flow occurs, when you press the start menu. I am guessing that the cause is something with the user interface that has an unexpected result in your code. Highlight execution will let you know EXACTLY what code is executing when the problem occurs, and is a very powerful troubleshooting tool.

If y
ou still can't figure it out, post again.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,393 Views)