LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Spreadsheet on Labview 2016

Hi, I installed labview 2016 on my laptop. I have trying to customize a program that I found on internet. I want to write loop info, time stamp, and value was read from instrument to one excel file. Could you help me? Thanks,

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,279 Views)

@960310 wrote:

I want to write loop info, time stamp, and value was read from instrument to one excel file.

Your picture shows an image of LabVIEW's Write Delimited Spreadsheet function.  If you read the Help message for this function, you will see this:

Write Spreadsheet Help.png

Some comments --

• Did you read the Help message?
  • Did you understand that this function does not write an "Excel file"?  It writes a text file that can be read by any "text-reading" program (such as NotePad) in a format where text elements are separated by "delimiters".
  • You can use Excel to open such "delimited text files".  These are not .xls or .xlsx files, which have a more complex format that includes all kinds of additional information (including cell size, formatting, charts, formulas, etc.)
  • As the Help notes, you need to present your data as a 1D or 2D array of strings, signed integers, or Dbls.  Have you done this?
  • From the picture that you attached, which appears to be part of your Block Diagram, it appears that you have not done this.  Please, do not attach pictures -- since this is a LabVIEW Forum, attach your LabVIEW VIs so we can see the code.
  • Did you look at the example programs that are mentioned at the end of this Help message?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,239 Views)