From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Spreadsheet Time In Decimal Seconds

Hello,

Hopefully simple question here, although my attempts to find a solution have been fruitless.

I am writing several signals to a spreadsheet (triggered by a button), but the time column(s) are showing up as date and time.  Is there a way to get them to display as decimal seconds (relative or absolute, either one is better than "4/9/2013  6:10:49 PM".  I don't want to use an LVM file as the "Write to Measurement" VI doesn't allow me to control recording with a button and prompt the user for a new file location when record is pressed.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,110 Views)

Can you provide some code to show your issue?  A sample output files of what you want and another for what you currently have would also be helpful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,081 Views)

Look at %<>T formatting options in the LabVIEW help.  This can be used with timestamps being formatted to strings or directly into files.  Alternately, you can use Seconds to Date/Time to convert a timestamp to a cluster and build up your time string with traditional string formatting from the elements of the cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,069 Views)