LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement file producing blank xlsx

Hi all. I'm very new to labview and just finished my first project, mostly. I'm trying to write the measurements that I get from the NIDAQ, which appear properly in the waveform charts, to a excel file. I thought I had it properly set up but whenever I run the program it creates a new excel file that is always blank. No data in it whatsoever. Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,599 Views)

Your DAQ Assistants only read 1 channel.  But you try to split that into two channels where you send the first channel to the graph, and the non-existent second channel to the Write to Measurement File.  There is no channel, there is no data, thus there is nothing to write to a file.  Why did you use the Split Signals function?

Delete the Split wire and using a regular wire that breaks into two.

Better yet.  Learn real DAQmx functions so you don't need the DAQ Assistants and don't need the blue dynamic datatype wire.

With your Write to Measurement File, sine you are only reading one sample each iteration, but you tell it to Use Next Available Filename, you are going to wind up with numerous files with only a data point were channel.  Is that what you want?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,584 Views)