LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write data to file at a certain rate

I attached a VI that acquires 24 voltage signals in a producer loop. I then send the data to two consumer loops, 1 and 2. In 'Consumer Loop 2' I split the data and write to different files. The files sometimes contain the same timestamp and I want to stop this from happening and don't know how.

I also want to sample the data at a seperate rate to send to a file. For example, acquire data at 100Hz and send to 1 file, then sample the acquired data at 50Hz to send to another file. How can I do this with the program I have so far?

I am using LabVIEW 11, 32-bit on Windows XP

DAQ Hardware:  0-10Volt signals from pressure transducers   ->  NI 9205  ->  NIcDAQ-9174

Thanks,

~Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,067 Views)

Hey chrisbe723,

If you're interested in sampling data at different rates you will have to create a new task for each things you're interested at different rates. You basically need a new timing engine for each task.For the cDAQ-9174 there are 3 different AI timing engines, so you can specify 3 different tasks.

"The NI cDAQ-9174/9178 has three AI timing engines, which means that three analog input tasks can be running at a time on a chassis"

More information can be found in the cDAQ-9174 Manual: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372838c.pdf

Can you explain a little further what you mean by files having the same time stamps. If you could point out which part of the code is writing these duplicate timestamps this would help greatly. It's hard for me to troubleshoot your large .vi without having much context to where the issue is arising. Screenshots are always appreciated as well!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,055 Views)