LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write data to chart in a simulation loop with decimated fashion

Hi, I have a Control & simulation loop which I place a chart indicator for signal visualization. Often time the simulation period is very long which makes the chart laggy. The time step is 10ms. I was wondering if there is a way to decimate the values before they go to the chart.

I looked at "Decimation" in Simulation loop configuration but it appeared it had to do with Model Hierachy which I don't have. I also looked at Collector function, unbundle the output and wire to a graph but there was nothing. Any suggestions ?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,471 Views)

Place the chart terminal into a case structure and update it only every n'th iteration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,444 Views)

I have had weird initialization results with case structure in a simulation loop so I try to avoid using it as much as possible. Maybe I miss out something, the toolkit should have a way to facilitate this feature but I just didn't come across yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,430 Views)

What is the "weird result"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,420 Views)

Actually block diagram terminal (the chart) is not allowed inside case structure in a simulation loop. So cannot use case structure for this application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,404 Views)