cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write To Spreadsheet File

That's why we get paid the big buck$  Smiley Wink

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(765 Views)

Lol 

But I think this is won't to work for me, I need to create a database, no just to save a text file

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(750 Views)

I think you need to define what you mean by a "database." Your original post uses the term but in a way which is inconsistent with the other requirements in that post and the common usage of the term database.

A database does not usually contain a new file every day and typical database files cannot be read by Excel directly.

If you want a set of files which can be read by Excel, you have been told how to do it. If you want a database, you need to specify the type of database. There are many good commercial and free database programs available, so almost no one writes a database in LabVIEW.  LV has tools to allow you to put data into or extract it from many databases.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(744 Views)

Well, I receive this specs

To receive a continous signal throughout the day.

Save this signal every five seconds.

Save the file every day

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(714 Views)

As Lynn has said, what you are describing isn't a "Database", but a data file. Excel is not a database program, it is a spreadsheet program. Your specifications sound like you need to save data to a data file that can be read by a spreadsheet program, such as  Excel. How to do this has been outlined in earlier posts. It isn't hard, but it is a bit complex the first time. All of the pieces are standard LabVIEw components. Writing to an actual database, (Access being one of the more available in the Microsoft world, if not the most powerful, is much more complex.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(704 Views)
Ah ok, I'm sorry, my mistake, but it is help to me, thank guys
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(686 Views)

You are welcome. We do not intend to be harsh, we do want to help. We do this by our choice, and remember when we were starting!

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(669 Views)