LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Dynamic Data To Measurement File

Good morning, 

I am using an acoustic actuator to send a sinusoidal signal through an aluminum plate which is then received by a different acoustic sensor. This is a typical acoustic pitch-catch. I would like to write the sent and received signals to an excel spreadsheet so that I can compare the two. However, I am not able to save either of the signals to any spreadsheet. 

Could someone take a look at my VI and determine the problem and a possible solution? 

Thanks, 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,482 Views)

It worked fine for me. When I run it, it asks for the file name. I just type in "test" and press ok. The output file has 2 pairs of time and amplitude, for 4 columns total. Can you explain in detail what happens when you run it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,474 Views)

I ran the file once and I was prompted for a filename. I typed in 'test12' and clicked okay. Then I stopped running the vi and I then went to the folder where I saved my 'test12' file. Yet, there was no file saved in the folder. I am not sure why I cannot find the file. Does the version of labview matter? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,465 Views)

LV Version probably doesn't matter. Are you stopping the VI with the "stop" button you have on the front panel, or with the abort button? What does "Filename Out" say?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,460 Views)

Actually I bet the problem is with DAQ Assistant2. You are trying to read 3 million points and Excel is limited to ~1 million columns.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,458 Views)

I will adjust things and see if the number of points makes a difference. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,411 Views)