LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Continuous Analog Strain Inputs to Spreadsheet with Headers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a cDAQ-9178 chassis with an NI 9235 strain gauge model to collect analog strain inputs from 3 gauges. I currently have a program (attached as Finite_Strain.vi) that collects this data and writes to a spreadsheet. I would like to use continuous sampling instead so that I can see my strain-time curve develop as I run my tests. I wrote a program that does this (attached as Continuous_Strain.vi) but I am having trouble writing the data to a spreadsheet. I am currently using the "Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File.vi" function as opposed to the "Write to Spreadsheet File.vi" function to write my data to a spreadsheet since this allows me to have data headers and a time column. 

My problem is storing all the data from my loop. How do I build an array of all this data outside the loop and write to spreadsheet maintaining column headers?

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Alberto M.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martiaa3

You can do this.

save continuous.png

Ben64

Message 2 of 7
(3,372 Views)

What's the function you have between the Equal to 0? function and the Append to File terminal of the Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File function? I can't open that image since I have an earlier version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,359 Views)
Its invert from the boolean palette.
Ben64
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,347 Views)

ben64 a écrit :
Its invert from the boolean palette.
Ben64

The name of the function is "Not" not "Invert".

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martiaa3

This is exactly the same thing Ben did, but I like to use this formulation because it reminds me that I'm doing something for the First Line.  You do not want to "Append to file" on the First Line (I named the Constant to remind me what it is for) but do want to write the Header for the First Line.

Acquire and Save.png

Bob (sorry for the broken wires) Schor

Message 6 of 7
(3,321 Views)

Bob and Ben, thank you for your solutions. This works great! I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,285 Views)