From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook Visible

Why isn't there a property node for making a Workbook visible? There is for the entire Excel Application, and for individual worksheets, but I can;t find a property node to make a single workbook visible, leaving all other workbooks the same. I thought I could use the "sheets" property node from a Workbook, and then use its Property node to make them invisible, but its property node is a Variant type (?), and everything I've tried with putting in arrays of falses or single falses made into variant type gives errors.

What I'm trying to do is write to a workbook, but keep it invisible the entire process. I could make the entire application invisible; however, it is likely the user may have other Excel workbooks open that I don't want to make invisible, even during the 40 secs or so that the other workbook is being written to. Any ideas?

Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,399 Views)
Make sure you have installed the VBA help for MS Office, this will link the help inside LV ActiveX-node into the MS Office help.
This will give you great insight in what is going on.

A good way to start is first trying this in VBA and then port the code to LabVIEW (or call the VBA code from within LabVIEW)

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,383 Views)

>>Make sure you have installed the VBA help for MS Office, this will link the help inside LV ActiveX-node into the MS Office help.
>>This will give you great insight in what is going on.

I made sure I have the VBA help installed (when I open the VBA editor through Excel, I can open the help there), but it still doesn't link to the LV Help (i.e. when context help is over an ActiveX poperty of Excel, it says that no help is available). Any ideas how to fix that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,355 Views)