LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Table Borders and Shading

Is there a way to use the Word Table Borders and Shading VI to change the shading of a cell (or range of cells) without changing the Border?

In the Help I see that you always have to give an input on all parameters in the "border and shading" cluster. Is there no way to put "don't care" on some parameters and leave them unchanged? Or is there a way to read out the same parameters before and then copy some of them as input?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,920 Views)

There is a wdLineStyleNone.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,903 Views)

Yes, but it doesn't solve the problem because then the border line-style is set to be None, i.e. there is no line anymore. I want to leave it unchanged, because different cells have different border line-styles.

Example Table.JPG

In this example Table the outer borders are 1.5 pt and the inner borders are 0.75 pt. When stepping through the table to set the Background color (according to requirement green/red) each cell will get 0.75 pt linewidth, which I don't want. In the picture I have manually set the linewidth to 1.5 pt again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,898 Views)

Ok.  You may have to resort to making your own Set Border Style VI.  Use the Word Get ActiveX References to basically duplicate the RGT version and modify as necessary.  Since RGT doesn't expose all ActiveX methods and properties, you are very limited on what you can accomplish using it out-of-the-box.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,893 Views)

I tried using the Word Get ActiveX References and using property and invoke nodes to change just the background color, but the program stops right after the Get ActiveX References. I am using LabVIEW 2018. Here is a sample code that has this problem.

code.jpg

When the first invoke node hits, I get this error.

ErrorMessage.jpg

Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,392 Views)

You should really start your own thread instead of hijacking another.

Check this thread.  Looks like a know issue.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-2013-report-generation-toolkit-word-2010-insert-table/td-p/...

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,389 Views)

Thanks for the input using Word Get ActiveX References. It was very helpful and I could get my own program to work much better!

I think the solution to your problem may be the index=0 under Tables/Item. Mine is working when I set index=1.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,275 Views)