From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Graph Not Displaying Properly

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to write a graph into word as a line graph and it keeps coming up as either a bubble graph or a clustered column graph.

I've attached an image of the portion of my code where the graphing occurs. Is there an issue in here, or is it the format of the data? (First row x all other rows y values)

Also, it is displaying error -214.... the weird thing that happens with ActiveX sometimes. Can this be fixed by dragging the quit graph to the after close report?

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,301 Views)

Try xlXYScatterLines for the graph type.  It looks like row 0 in your data array will be the x values and the following rows will be y values, with each row being a new plot.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnthonyMN

This code:

Example_VI_BD.png

produces this graph

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,267 Views)

Important missing information: LabVIEW version, Office version and OS.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,260 Views)

The is a coercion dot at the Graph Type input of Word Insert Graph.vi (the small red dot) meaning that the constant you are using is a different data type. Where does the constant you wired to this input came from? You should right-click the input and select create constant. It is probable the the enum constant that you use doesn't have the same numeric value as the one you should use thus resulting in a wrong graph type.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,253 Views)

I've accepted a solution because switching from "Insert Graph" to "Easy Graph" solved the issue for me.

On another note, you are right that versions matter.

LabVIEW 2015 32-Bit

Word 2013

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,248 Views)