LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless communication between a PIC and a PC or PDA

Hi,

The wireless communication between a PC and a PDA (using the Mobile Module) is not very difficult; nevertheless, Is possible the comunication between a PIC (witch sends data using a wireless antenna) and a PC or PDA?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,260 Views)

Hi Ima_P,

It is possible and very easy to program PDA with the LabVIEW Mobile module but it is not so easy to program PIC microcontrollers (and necessary to use 32bits PICs), so before try to implement a wireless communication between PICs and PCs, just be sure you can program your PIC.

LabVIEW has 3 different modules to program microcontrollers: LabVIEW microprocessors SDK  which program any 32bits microprocessors; ADI Blackfin Processors to program Blackfin microprocessors and ARM Microcontrollers to program microcontrollers ARM (ARM7, ARM9 and Cortex-M3)

In addition, there is a module for MULTISIM you can use to program PIC microcontrollers.

These links can be interested for you:

How can I control PIC programmer with LabVIEW

LabVIEW 8.6 Microprocessor SDK Porting Guide

Converting LabView VI to C to program a PIC Microcontroller

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,195 Views)
Thanks for the valuable info is there any info that how to program or use XBEE module ICs with Labview
Naqqash
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,192 Views)

Hi Ima_P,

There aren't many information about this. In fact, I have just found two forum threads:

Xbee using labview?

Comunication with xbee using labview

I hope this help.

Remenber kudos those who help!!

Message 4 of 5
(3,186 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

I want try to communicate a LPC2138 (an 32-bit ARM microcontoller) with a PDA using bluetooth. Thanks for the information, if I have any results I will post them in this post. If somebody has done something similar and wants to help me, I will be grateful .

Thanks,

Ima
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,166 Views)