LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Class Conflict

Hey, so I recently tried to add some new features to a LabVIEW program that we have been using for about a year. In doing so, I created an error that says "Wire Class Conflict". I have the rest of the program working how I want but this one error appears as I bundle references on initialization. How can I resolve this error? Any insight would be greatly appreciated as the concept of class hierarchy is a little foreign to me. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(1,439 Views)

Well, there are a ton of VIs in here and no classes.  Where are you seeing this error?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(1,435 Views)

So, the error is coming as I bundle the "Test Modules" cluster into my refnum cluster right in the main vi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(1,427 Views)

Ok, you have a type conflict due to your cluster reference.  Make the cluster a type def, update the reference to use that type def, and then update all cluster constants you used to also use that type def.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(1,424 Views)

That is where I get a little confused. So, the test modules cluster is a type def that is already updated. The refnum cluster itself is also a type def as shown attached. If I go into the type def, I can see that there is a cluster reference for "Test Modules". I'm not entirely sure how to update this to match the new test modules type def as it is a strict type def. I recognize that this might be a fairly simple thing to fix. I just haven't really dealt too much with things like this in the past. Any insight on how to make this change would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(1,409 Views)

Your "Test Modules" cluster (at least on the front panel) was not type defined.  And neither is the data type in the Test Modules reference in the giant cluster you are using.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(1,400 Views)

You are absolutely right. There is another type def that is called "Test Modules" that is used throughout the program. I just assumed that the front panel also used that type def but apparently not. 

One last question, how do I place a type def'd refnum into that giant cluster? I'm sure that's probably a really dumb question. I just haven't had a very formal LabVIEW education.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(1,374 Views)

@Cannon_Controls wrote:

One last question, how do I place a type def'd refnum into that giant cluster? I'm sure that's probably a really dumb question. I just haven't had a very formal LabVIEW education.

Find the refnum in your giant cluster.  Right-click on it and make the control visible.  Now drag your new cluster into the reference.  You can then right-click on the reference again to make the control not visible again.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(1,361 Views)

FYI, a common mistake I make when I forget- if you make a typedef and try to drag it to a front panel or block diagram, you can't grab the cluster in the typedef. You need to grab the icon. If you just drag the cluster, it looks like it works but you don't actually get the link to the typedef.

clusterdrag.gif

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(1,348 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

FYI, a common mistake I make when I forget- if you make a typedef and try to drag it to a front panel or block diagram, you can't grab the cluster in the typedef. You need to grab the icon. If you just drag the cluster, it looks like it works but you don't actually get the link to the typedef.

I almost always drag from the project, so I don't have that issue.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(1,344 Views)