LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows tries to install Labview Run-Time Engine 7.0...

I recently installed an application that installed Labview CVI Runtime engine.  Anyway, ever since that time, everytime I start Labview, Windows tries to install Labview Runtime engine 7.0.  It asks for a lvruntimeeng.msi file.  I tried pointing it to one that I had on my system, but I think it was not version 7.0 because I got a message saying it was invalid.  Anyway, I don't know why it's doing this to me, but I can't do anything to stop it, so I'm just trying to give it what it is asking for.  I've searched the net for lvruntimeeng.msi files, but everytime I point it to such a file, Windows says it's invalid.  I've only found a .exe file for version 7.0.  Has anybody ever run across this problem.  Or....does anybody have NI Labview Runtime Engine v7.0 in a .msi file?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,723 Views)
I don't know why this is happening. The exe you have is from drivers and updates. Download this file and run it. It is an selfextracting archive which will start the setup for the runtime engine. After you have installed the 7.0 runtime engine in this way LV shouldn't ask about it.

The one thing I can imagine isr that the installed application changed a common component, e. g. Data socket, into an older version. A repair installation of your LV may also help you.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 2 of 2
(3,714 Views)