LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Titlebar in LabVIEW NXG

Hi

I'm developing a multi-screen application using LabVIEW NXG. I'm popping up the front panels by clicking on the buttons. I'm facing an issue with the window titlebar. The window titlebar will be visible for the first time and will not be visible next time. Please check the below video.

It was working properly in NXG 2.0, but stopped working from NXG 2.1. It is not working even in NXG 3.0.2. I'm using "Open Window" from the Window palette(User Interface -> Panel Manipulation -> Window). I'm using "Close Window" to close it.

Any ideas why is this happening or is it a bug in NXG.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,236 Views)

Have the same problem, and is working in LabVIEW NXG 3.0.2. I have tried to change the panel position and titlebar text after opening of the panel, but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards, Kristian

Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,154 Views)

I have found that if I call vi by reference there is no problem with a disappearing title bar. I hope this is usefull for you.

Best regards, Kristian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,115 Views)

Hi Kristian,

could you please give an example of how you set this up, that this is working?

Because I still have the problem, that the title bar disappears, even if I connect a strictly typed static vi reference to the Call by reference node.

Thank you and

Best regards, Felix

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,089 Views)

Hi Felix

I open a VI reference, pass the strict VI reference to Run VI, and close the VI reference just after that. The popup keeps running. If you need to pass data between the VI's you need some more code to fetch it from the subVI.

I have attached a small project that show how it works for me. I hope you find it useful.

Kind regards, Kristian

Message 5 of 7
(3,083 Views)

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I've entered it into our bug tracking system.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,000 Views)

On more comment on this topic. The solution I posted with using Run VI by a vi reference works well for programs run from the development environment. But if I build it into an application, nothing will get updated in the first run of the subVI.

Explanation: I call the subVI which include a normal loop with wait or an event structure with a timeout. For each iteration I increment a counter. But the counter does not increase on the UI. If I change the window title efter some iterations, this get updated, a stop bottom on the UI is also working. For the event structure a window: close action is also registered. This is only a problem the first time the subVI is called from the Main VI. If the subVI is stopped and opened again it works as expected.

I only see the problem when I build and run the program, not when run through the development environment. I have attached a small example, which include some window handling by use of user32.dll from windows.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,923 Views)