LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7, LabVIEW 2009 to Win10, LabVIEW 2019 migration issues

In the last week I have been struggling to migrate a cRio-9074 with two NI-9144 etherCATs to a new PC.

The previous development environment was a Win7 PC and the project was maintained with LabVIEW 2009.
A disk failure lead us to a new Win10 PC along with an updated LabVIEW version, LabVIEW 2019.

The devices seems to be compatible both with Win10 and LabVIEW 2019:

LabVIEW and Microsoft Windows Compatibility
Software Support for CompactRIO
Compatibility between Xilinx Compilation Tools and NI FPGA Hardware
NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT and LabVIEW Compatibility

So far I have converted the project to LabVIEW 2019, updated the cRIO-9074 drivers to newer ones (2019), updated the NI-9144 firmare using the file provided by LabVIEW 2019 installation, have successfully recompiled and downloaded the needed FPGA code and I am able to run both the RT VI and local PC VI without(...) any obvious problem.

But, when I run the project, as usual, I find out that not all modules are communicating properly.
For example, some AI modules are transmitting signals, the same for DO modules.
On the other hand, no TC module or DI module transmit any signal.
All problems (seem) to source from the NI-9144 EtherCATs.

So summing up:
Starting the project and before running any VI I open the NI Distributed System Manager for monitoring the situation.

The Scan Engine Mode is Active (green).
No errors present.
Then I am running the VI in the target device.
Looking at the block diagram, the FPGA VI Reference reports no errors, that is a good sign!
But looking at the NI Distributed System Manager I get the following errors (in order of appearance):

Error code    Highest Level    Number of Occurrences    Description

1. -65592              Minor                           2                       The project contains a module in slot 3 but slot 3 is empty.
  2. -65594              Minor                           2                       The project contains a module in slot 5 but slot 5 is empty.
  3. 66454               Minor                           2                       LabVIEW: (hex 0x103A0) The global time on the controller was altered,
                                                                                          which might affect the period of an iteration of the NI Scan Engine.
                                                                                          =======================================================
                                                                                          LabVIEW: (hex 0x103A0) The global time on the controller was altered,
                                                                                          which might affect the period of an iteration of the NI Scan Engine.
  4. -65512              Major                           1                       The data transfer for some I/O variables on this target could not be
                                                                                           completed in
    the alloted time and the updates for some values
                                                                                           may have been delayed.

Increase the Scan Period to avoid this problem.

Also the Scan Engine Mode is now shown Fault (red).
Below Fault I/O Drivers: NI-IndCom for EtherCAT is shown.

I suspect that the EtherCATs are posing a problem (again)
Bug 430039 maybe is my issue, but do not know for sure or how to proceed.

When I press "Clear All Faults" the Scan Engine Mode reverts back to Active. The unit seems fully functional.
If I stop all VIs and restart them, I have to repeat the above procedure in order to make it work.

The unit seems operational but it is not. Everything is working except the FPGA code (PWM on NI 9478) deployed on the two EtherCATs. The same code is also running on the main controller without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,100 Views)