LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win XP service pack 2 problem running exe

I'm having trouble running an exe via Win XP service pack 2. Running the vi's works ok, but it does freeze more than I'd like it to. The error i get is "Not Responding", do not get any LabVIEW errors, so it points to the OS in my opinion. The same exe works fine on Win 2K. I am using a USB DLP circuit, which seems to be where the problem lies. I am running LabVIEW 7.1.1, the latest updates. I also have the latest drivers for the DLP circuits. I have checked whether the resources are low when the program runs and freezes, but that looks fine. I believe there's just a problem with Win XP. I have not tried using service pack 1 yet. If anyone out there has any ideas, they'd be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 5
(2,859 Views)

Hi Syna,

We had so many problems with Win-XP SP2 that it wasn't funny.  After many complaints and error reports, we ended up going back to SP1.  Better yet... stick to Win-2K.

Our problems were mainly with the serial ports. 

Do a search on Win-XP.  You will find many threads that complain about that OS.

JLV

Message 2 of 5
(2,855 Views)
Try running the exe under Windows 2000 Compatability Mode.

Right click->properties->compatability.

If all your drivers and stuff are up to date that might be where the problem is (but it really shouldn't be...)

Something to try anyways!
Message 3 of 5
(2,853 Views)

Here's a link for any problems associated with WinXP SP2 when used with NI products :

http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/winxpsp2?opendocument&lang=en&node=seminar_US

I hope you will find it useful.

Ankita

Message 4 of 5
(2,827 Views)

Thanks Ankita,

Using NI products with Win-XP & SP2 has been the least of our problems.  We mainly use CVI & TestStand.

The biggest problem were non-NI peripherals, such as multi-serial ports, additional printer ports, etc.  The computers "freeze" completely.

I will not go into complete details since the problems are not associated with NI products.  However, I do mention them because we communicate to the peripherals and instruments using code developped using NI products.  And it may save someone many hours of "debugging" issues caused by MS...  Especially when changing from Win-2000 to XP.  :mansad:

Thanks for the support.

Ray (aka. JLV)

Message 5 of 5
(2,803 Views)