LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Willtek Mobile Service Tester code

Hi Everyone

I'm working on a project that needs to interface to a Willtek 4200 Mobile Service Tester as part of an ATE system. There appears to be no LabVIEW drivers around so I was wondering if anyone has written LabVIEW code for this device.

Thanks in advance.
Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,486 Views)
Hi Kurt,

If you can't find a driver from our instrument driver database, please submit a request for the driver from our instrument drive network. One of our vendors may be able to help you out.

http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/default.htm

Thank you and have a great day,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,471 Views)

Hello, I would like to interface my Willtek 4220 too. Did you find the LV instrument driver?

Thank you in any case.

Bye

Mauro Ciampaglia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,380 Views)
Hi Mauro

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a driver floating around so I had to write my own. I could re-look at my code and post a link to the driver. I designed it with GOOP Developer so it should be easy enough to extend its capabilities.
Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,369 Views)

Hi.

Thank you so much.

Mauro

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,367 Views)

I've uploaded the driver to my site, you can download it from

http://www.sciware.com.au/freesoftware/MobileServiceTesterDriver.rar

Included is a very simple demo that shows how to perform a self test. it is quite a complete driver but doesnt implement all of the available functionality, however you will be able to easily add functionality using GOOP Developer. Essentially the driver is similar to an IVI driver and can be extended to incorporate other devices of the class MobileServiceTester. To use the driver just call MobileServiceTester.Willtek4202S.Create and then perform MobileServiceTester methods on that object, take a look at the demo. This driver was built using GOOP Developer 1.0 and version 1.0 of the GOOP template, If you do plan to add to the functionality of the driver you may want to read the GOOP Developer Tutorial that applies to version 1.0 of the template. The latest version of GOOP Developer supports previous versions of the template so download GOOP Developer 2.0.3

I hope this helps

Message Edited by SciWare on 11-17-2006 09:12 PM

Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,341 Views)

Thank you so much, I'm looking forward to try them.

Mauro

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,319 Views)

Hi Mauro

I'd like to hear how you are progressing with the driver, any feedback would be appreciated.

If you need any assistance please let me know.

Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,278 Views)

Hello,

sorry I was not in my office for some days. I briefly checked the drivers and I think they are quite complete for my purpose.

At the moment I'm involved in other projects so I'm working in background about that. At the moment I just run single vi such as self test, I red the device ID, and so on.  I would like to reply the call example program i  teh tester manual before to start my application, but I really don't know when I'll succeed in schedule it.

Anyway, can you explain me the meaning of the Loop State and Virtual controls?

Bye

mauro

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,255 Views)

Loop state is just a parameter of the self test, if you have your Willtek manual it should explain it in more detail.

By virtual controls do you mean virtual functions? The best way to understand this driver is to read the manual that discusses the GOOP template that was used to build this driver, in there it discusses virtual functions and inheritance.

Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,239 Views)