From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I Have To Upgrade LabView 8.2.1 if I buy the Application Builder 8.5 add on?

Currently I'm using LabView Full Development System version 8.2.1. I am wanting to install Application Builder, the current version of which is 8.5. If I purchase Application Builder now, will I be forced to upgrade the LabView Installation too? I'm aware that Application Builder is already installed with LabView and that all that I am buying is a serial number to activate it, but are the serial numbers specific in that if I get a serial number now, will it still work with a slightly older version of Application Builder/LabView?

Cheers,

Moses
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,319 Views)
Yes, if you purchase and activate Application Builder 8.5, it will work in LabVIEW 8.2.1. You will not be getting any LabVIEW 8.5 functionality since all the activation does is enables the Application Builder functionality in LabVIEW 8.2.1. Regarding your other question, you do not have to upgrade your LabVIEW installation as part of activating Application Builder.
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,303 Views)