LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Width of vertical scrollbar on multicolumn listbox

I am working on a touchscreen enabled user interface and need to "übersize" all the controls for fat-fingered individuals such as myself.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to widen the vertical scrollbar and make the change permanent.  I can adjust the width customizing the control and everything is great...  Until I close the .vi and reopen it.  Then the scrollbar width reverts back to its normal skinny self.  I've tried making the custom control a typedef, but it doesn't help.  How do I make this change stick?

Thank you,
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Greg,

I've just modified a MCLB's scroll bar width (customising the control) as you describe, saved the VI, then reopened the VI...

With LV 7.0 the customised control stays modified - fine.

With LV 8.0 the reloaded customisation of the control is "erroneous" - it appears that instead of reloading with the scroll bar wider, it reloads with the scroll bar normal but with the central object area box expanded to meet the scroll bar (or something like that).

There has to be a problem there with LV version 8 - I think you should get on to NI support and report this issue.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,801 Views)
...also, I've found that a customised control made in LV 7.1 does not maintain the same customisation when loaded into LV 8.0

Oh deary me - I'm less than impressed with this latest LV version 8.0  (e.g. why does it take nearly 40 seconds to boot into?).

Mark.

Message Edited by Mark H on 02-24-2006 02:56 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,794 Views)
the boot up time is ridiculous and the work PC is a new one just bought last month
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,783 Views)
I have not looked into this at all, but if what you say is the case then a simple workaround would be to use the scrollbar control, rather than the scrollbar on the MCLB.  It will take some coding to add the logic, but you can add your own scrollbar to the listbox.  An advantage to this way is that you will also be able to get value change events on the scrolbar so you know when the user is scrolling.  I have needed that in multiple applications so the actual scrollbar control has worked great.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,775 Views)