LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would a SIMULATED NI-DAQ Device not be found by MAX / LabVIEW?

I have used MAX to create a New Simulated Device, and picked PXIe-4353. That went fine. But when I try to Reset the device, use the Test Panels, or use it in LabVIEW, I get error -88705 "The specified device is not present or is not active in the system". But, it's a Simulated device!! Of course its not present. What gives? This is the only device I've tried to simulate (on this computer) and I have no hardware connected.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(826 Views)
I've just added this simulated device in MAX and it worked fine on my PC. I can open test panels without issue. I would try a force-reinstall of device drivers.
Message 2 of 7
(816 Views)

@Gregory wrote:
... I would try a force-reinstall of device drivers.

UGH. I was hoping it would come to this. I have issues when multiple version of LV on my computer, then when I reinstall a driver, something invariably gets wonky. Thanks for looking at it Gregory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(785 Views)
Many people like to use virtual machines like VirtualBox to have separate Windows environments for each LabVIEW install. Others have no problem with multiple LabVIEW versions, but have a specific installation order to make sure everything plays nicely.
Message 4 of 7
(755 Views)

@Gregory wrote:
...but have a specific installation order to make sure everything plays nicely.

Thanks again Gregory. This is probably it. The computer has 2022Q3 64-but, then I installed 2021. I have tried a force reinstall of daqmx and a repair of MAX, to no avail. Note that my other computer (with LV 2015, 2019, and 2021 64-bit) DOES simulated the module just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(716 Views)

THANKS Gregory, it could be the order in which LV versions were installed? On this computer, 2022Q3 (64) was installed, then 2021 (32).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(733 Views)

@rds2112 wrote:

THANKS Gregory, it could be the order in which LV versions were installed? On this computer, 2022Q3 (64) was installed, then 2021 (32).

It shouldn't matter but you never know, I would not deviate from NI's recommended order for all weird reasons.

LabVIEW -> Drivers -> TestStand

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(730 Views)