From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont my data Proceed pass the loop when i use Timed or For Loops?(ECG Vi. )

Im trying to get my ecg data to continious run but It seems when I use my "while loop" it does continue out the loop but does give me more than one interval of ECG data and I get nothing pass the MultiResoltion analysis.

MY data doesn't even proceed pass my Lopp if I use a timed loop or a For loop.

Anyone have any advice?

Thank You in Advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,410 Views)

That is because your while loop is an infinite loop. You never exit your while loop so your data processing which is dependent on it won't execute.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,403 Views)

I actually just want it to run the duration of 60secs but when i use a timed loop it never leave the loop. When I Use the while loop the Data does leave becuase I get one sample....but thats all I get.

As for this while loop I don't really have any conditions I just need it to run long enough to give me enough ecg smaples that its readable. I plan to replace simulated porption becuase my ultimate goal is to read Live data.

Any Adivce?'

Thankyou 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,372 Views)

I actually just want it to run the duration of 60secs but when i use a timed loop it never leave the loop. When I Use the while loop the Data does leave becuase I get one sample....but thats all I get.

As for this while loop I don't really have any conditions I just need it to run long enough to give me enough ecg smaples that its readable. I plan to replace simulated porption becuase my ultimate goal is to read Live data.

Any Adivce?'

Thankyou 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,371 Views)

@lwill85 wrote:

Any Adivce?'

Thankyou 🙂

That is your condition right there. You can have a while loop that aquires samples and then stops after 60 seconds (or N number of samples if you prefer).

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,357 Views)