LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't it work?

I have a Tenney enviro' chamber that I am trying to write profiles to. I has a Watlow 942 series controller with RS 232 communication. I have a program that writes the profiles to the oven but for some reason it won't start my profile. But when I exctract the profile from the program and manually input the profile it works. I would consider doing that but the parameters for my profile change sometimes and are obtained from limit files. Am I missing something? Here is what I have so far...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,948 Views)
I have looked at your program, and without really having the hardware to test it on it's gonna be very difficult to debug. However, I'm not sure if it'll fix your problem, but you should be using 'sequence locals' to pass data (VISA resource name and errors) from one sequence frame to the next instead of local variables. At least if you do this you can track your errors and find out which part of the communication isn't working.

Kim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,948 Views)
Thanks, that seemed to do the trick. 🙂

Harene
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,948 Views)
Harene,

You may want to replace your Carriage Return Constant (\r) with Line Feed Constant (\n). Most serial instruments recognize \n, not \r. This is my best guess after initially looking over your VI.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,948 Views)
Unfortunately, the controller needs a carriage return at the end of every command/query.

Harene
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,948 Views)

Do any body has the VI to control this Watlow 942?

Read and write.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,441 Views)