From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my custom control consumes 30% of CPU power?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

on my laptot C2D 2.0GHZ if I just open VI with custom control I developed it consumes about 30% of the CPU power. Could anybody clarify why? Is also my problem with this control? I see it with 8.5 and 8.6 as well. It has to be related to its depiction since when I hide it the problem disepears.Thanks

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,517 Views)

Interesting, I see the same thing.

Where did you get the images for the buttons in the radio control? What was their original format? They seem to be semi-transparent, which might cause redrawing issues. Can you convert them to plain images and see if it makes a difference?.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,496 Views)

It seems to be related to the radio button container and maybe the hover effect since when I place them outside the radio button the issue disepears - but then I loose the RB functionality. The images are from icon library I use for two years already. I will try to build new controls without the hover effect and will see if it disepears.

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,475 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ceties
Alright so I was right. It seems to be combination of the hover effect and radio button. When I used the LabVIEW default control to create my custom control the issue disappeared. Although I would like to hear some logical explanation why that was happening.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,456 Views)