From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my LabVIEW Run-time server return the message "source does not exist Last UI message: Start Execution"?

I am trying to build a stand-alone application on a target pc for which I have built a LabVIEW server that TestStand can use as an adapter.

In order to do this, I searched this site and found the topic: "How do I build and Use the LabVIEW Operator Interface as a LabVIEW ActiveX Run-time server?" After following the procedure to the letter, I ran the testexec.exe file as instructed and loaded my sequence file. As soon as I try to "Single Pass" or "Test UUT" I get an error which says "source does not existLast UI message: Start Execution". This error appears when running the testexec.exe file on the target pc or the development pc.

I have found though, th
at if I open the Operator interface through the Start: Programs>National Instruments>TestStand>Operator Interfaces>LabVIEW then the sequence file runs without these errors.

Any ideas why this is happening?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,298 Views)
Hello Robroy,

The KB you mentioned explaines how to build the LV Operator Interface (OI). So, I assumed you built the LV OI and also configured the LV adapter to use the TestStandGUILVRTS server without problems.

The error you are getting may be due to missing VIs. In other words, the LabVIEW OI may not be finding all the VIs your sequence is calling.

In order to deploy sequences that call VIs, you need to first run Tools >> Assemble VIs for Runtime Distribution. This tool gets all the VIs your sequence needs and saves in a separate directory.

For more information, you may check the TestStand User Manual chapter 17, it describes how to distribute TestStand and sequences.

Regards,

Roberto Piacentini
Applications Engineer
National Inst
ruments
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,298 Views)
Hello Robroy,

The KB you mentioned explaines how to build the LV Operator Interface (OI). So, I assumed you built the LV OI and also configured the LV adapter to use the TestStandGUILVRTS server without problems.

The error you are getting may be due to missing VIs. In other words, the LabVIEW OI may not be finding all the VIs your sequence is calling.

In order to deploy sequences that call VIs, you need to first run Tools >> Assemble VIs for Runtime Distribution. This tool gets all the VIs your sequence needs and saves in a separate directory.

For more information, you may check the TestStand User Manual chapter 17, it describes how to distribute TestStand and sequences.

Regards,

Roberto Piacentini
Applications Engineer
National Inst
ruments
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,298 Views)