From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get more than 1 triggered signal with the Trigger and Gate Express VI?

I am trying to capture one cycle from a larger signal.  In the larger signal, I capture 16,000 (about 89 miliseconds) points to ensure I get at least one pulse.  Then I run the signal through the Trigger and Gate Express VI.  I want to create a waveform with about 30 samples before the trigger and about 30 samples after. 

My problem is that the triggered measurement output sometimes gives me 1, 2, or even 3 pulses.  I believe that I have set it up correctly.  To my understanding, the "Reset after each trigger found" should only output the data I am looking for.  I set up to have 30 pre-trigger samples, then 8,100 samples after the trigger. 

Why am I getting the extra pulses?  Especially when my input signal only contains 1 pulse?! 

Trigger and Gate Settings.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,677 Views)

Hello bmaki

Just to make sure what is the DMM device you are using? Which driver version are you using?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,607 Views)

Hi David22JRA,

I am using PXI-4070 with NI-DMM driver 3.1.0.  I was originally using a PXI-2503 Matrix Relay Card to switch to my measurement.  When I get this tester back in the middle of next week, I will try a direct measurement.

I did find out that if I take the initial measurement and save the data with one VI then input that data into the Trigger and Gate function in a another vi, it works; I always get one pulse according to the way I have set up the Trigger and Gate.

I am just unable to reliably get that single pulse when I take the initial measurement and input it into the Trigger and Gate function in the same vi... unsure why.  I am interested to find out why this is!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,594 Views)