LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get bad vi's on my mass compile log?

Previously I have mass compiled with no errors at all. Now I get all kinds of 'bad vi' and other type things. The most that I have done is uninstall and reinstall the report generation toolkit, and update Labview with the downloaded update that comes with the developers suite. I have attached a copy of the log from when I mass compiled. I haven't quite gone through to check if these vi's are ones that I use yet or not, but it's still disturbing to see them. Thanks for your help.
-Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,039 Views)
Hi,
While it may be small consolation, I too have seen many "bad vi's" when doing the 7.1 -> 7.1.1 upgrade. I also haven't gone through to determine whether they were ones I use, and haven't run into any problems in the 3 months of heavy programming I have done since.

Putnam Monroe
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,032 Views)
This is expected behavior, and nothing to worry about. KnowledgeBase 3FEEM8EW: LabVIEW 7.1.1 Maintenance Release Information reads:

"When mass compiling LabVIEW, the results window may indicate some "Bad VIs". LabVIEW ships some VIs that for one reason or another are not complete, and generally these mass compile messages do not indicate a problem with the LabVIEW 7.1.1 Update installation."
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,010 Views)