From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can not include google drive api to build exe?

Hello everyone,

I try to use google drive api to upload some files.

When use source code to run it will upload sucessfully

But when build it can not work ,why?

This is source vi: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ffha6rru3lbx6uh/AABB2uLef1GVV432nU7a8_ZXa?dl=0 

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,232 Views)

Hi,

With small builds Google Drive works fine, but when you have larger builds or when building an installer you might encounter problems.

Google Drive is constantly scanning your shared folders. During build these folders are changed. Adding temporarily  folders and files and delete them again. Google Drive scans a folder list a folder(s) and/or file(s) and uses that list to sync. In the mean time your build proces is deleting these folders and files. Google Drive will report an error and tries to solve this.

I sometimes set Google Drive in pause when performing these kind of actions. But you have to remember to resume it afterwards.

Kees

Message 2 of 10
(3,181 Views)

Thanks KC replied,so what can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,034 Views)

I think you have two options:

-1- Store your project on the drive you sync with Google Drive and store the builds on your local disk. If you need them at your Google Drive you can you copy this afterwards.

-2- Pause GD before the build and resume it when the build is ready.

For option 1 you could also use the option 'execute VI after build' Create a VI that copies the files to GD after the builder is ready.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,022 Views)

I think you are discussing different things:

(1) using the GD API so the LabVIEW program can interact with files in the cloud.

(2) building an application where the output is monitored by GD (See also )

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,983 Views)

Thanks KNIGHT OF NI replied,

So Is this problem that happened at typetomime.txt this file?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,944 Views)

Please attach your VI directly. I don't download from external links.

Are you sure all dependencies are present on the other system and found by the built application?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,923 Views)

I had attached files as zip, Maybe you can check where is that problem

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,892 Views)

That is not a zip file.  That is a rar file which most people don't have the software tools to open.

Attach a REAL zip file so everyone can open it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,885 Views)

Oh, Sorry , I update again

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,865 Views)