From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my runtime exe menus jibberish?

Here's the computer systems:

Development System:

Windows XP

LabVIEW 2011 SP1f1

Run-time Systems:

Win 7 32-bit with Run-time engine LV 2011 (11.0.0)

Win XP 32-bit with Run-time engine LV 2011 SP1 (11.0.1)

If I take a VI (this has happened on two VIs now) and build it into an executable and run the .exe on the developement system I get the jibberish menus as shown in the attached image. If I run the VI from the development environment the menus are fine. If I run that same .exe on the Win 7 system above, it works fine. If I run the .exe on the XP system I get jibberish menus. Another piece of the puzzle is that the Win XP system worked fine until it was just updated to the SP1 run-time engine today. I'm going to attempt to revert back to the LV 2011 (non SP1) run-time engine and see if that makes my menus normal. What's also interesting, if I connect to the .exe with remote debugging, any errors strings are also jibberish.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,032 Views)

Uninstalling the latest version (LVRTE2011SP1f1) here and reinstalling the older version (LVRTE2011f3) here fixed it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,023 Views)