LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a array in write method fifo

Hi !

I am a beginner on LabVIEW FPGA, and I have a thing who intrigue me. I use a FIFO Write Method on my vi PC to interact with values of condition on my vi FPGA, the thing which intrigue me it's why the Write Method forces me to use a array on Data and why in the front panel it's the tenth element of the array which can change the value.

This problem many intrigues me, I will be grateful if someone can help me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,772 Views)

The host side of the DMA FIFO is always working with arrays.  This is because the FPGA can take the data off/put the data in a lot faster than the host can if one item at a time.

You can only change the 11th element because that is the index item you are showing.  You can always change the visible index and/or expand the array to show more elements.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,755 Views)

Thank you for answer, when you speak about index you meaning this thing ?

Index.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,744 Views)

I up this post, I reword my question : Why when I want change the value of my array it's only the 11th element which is take into account in the final result, because I can change the other values of the array but these values don't impact on the final result.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,620 Views)