LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Loop Termination

I am writing a program that has a while loop embedded in another while loop.  What I want to do is use a digital trigger to break the inner while loop.  I have no idea how to do it. 

I am attaching a copy of the program.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,399 Views)
Hello soykmw,

what do mean by 'digital trigger'? Is it some kind of hardware or just a button on the frontpanel?

But you can always wire some more boolean outputs to the OR functions in the inner while loop to stop the loop... And btw.: I would use the Compound Arithmetic, when there are more than two inputs for the same operation!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,392 Views)
Sorry I wasn't very clear in my original message...what I want to be able to do is to use the rising edge of the external TTL that pauses the waveform output to break the inner while loop.  Basically, what I need to happen is every time the waveform is turned off (by the external TTL), I want the inner loop broken so that the waveform always starts at phase = 0 the next time the program is externally triggered, which does not happen the way the program works now because the inner while loop doesn't get broken between external trigger events.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,379 Views)
Hello soykmw,

to detect rising/falling edges of TTL signals (= boolean signals) you can use the 'Implies' operation (or even better: Compound Arithmetic) from the boolean palette together with a shift register (for recalling the last iteration's value) in the while loop. Well, that's a basic boolean operation 🙂

Message Edited by GerdW on 03-31-200608:12 AM

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,352 Views)