LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find PID.vi

Hi, not sure if the issue is that the vi is not available in Student Edition or my inability to use the search properly in the functions pallet. I dont seem tobe able to find the PID.vi I can find CD Construct PID Model.vi and its variants but these all output transfer functions. In the tutorials a PID.vi is shown producing a value output (not sure of the type - still learning this software). I have tried downloading other related PID examples but everytime it seems the SE does not have other required sub.vi's s. 

All very frustrating when trying to do this on your own, any help appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(11,866 Views)

I don't have any idea what is included in the student edition. Under LV 8.5.1 I find the PID.vi under functions>>Addons>>PID control.

Hope this helps

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(11,852 Views)

I don't have any idea what is included in the student edition. Under LV 8.5.1 I find the PID.vi under functions>>Addons>>PID control.

Under LV 2009 it is under functions>>Control Design and Simulation>>PID

Hope this helps

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(11,851 Views)

The PID function is included in the NI LabVIEW PID and Fuzzy Logic Toolkit for Windows.  It is very commonly used with the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module which it sounds like you already have.

I'm not sure what all software you have access to but you do need the PID Toolkit mentioned above.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(11,845 Views)

Thank you all for getting back to me, the PID.vi I was looking for is illustrated here:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/jsp/largeImage.jsp?imagename=/cms/images/devzone/tut/a/12fbdcae1639.gif&language=en 

I don't have the Fuzzy Logic Toolkit you mention, The SE version of LV 2009 contains an evaluation version of the Control and Simulation but does not appear to contain the PID.vi illustrated above, I am trying to construct it myself using the Integral and Proportional vi's that are standard to the program but it seems a long winded way of doing something that appears to be a standard vi that is available somewhere but I guess I will learn more about the software this way.

Once again thanks for the pointers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(11,791 Views)

I recalled from a while back that someone had a PID example VI from a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time ago.  Not sure if this will help you.  I think someone will need to update it to a newer version to open in 2009.  PID example 

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(11,786 Views)

definitely agree! the version is toooo old, and not suitable for my LV 2010.

Any help would highly be appreciated. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(10,827 Views)

ypu have to install the PID controller tool kit.Then only you can use PID.vi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(10,332 Views)