LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the XNET alias file located on a cRIO?

Solved!
Go to solution

I somehow managed to delete the XNET alias .xml file from my cRIO. The problem is the alias manager won't connect to the cRIO (error BFF63101). The connection is fine -- I can FTP to it, connect from the UI, etc. I've tried dropping the firewall but no go. I suspect it's related to the fact that the cRIO suddenly stopped allowing anonymous FTP.

Rather than spending the next several hours troubleshooting a connection problem for a 3-second file transfer, I'd rather just copy the xml file over manually. However I don't know where it goes. Can anyone point me to the right directory on the cRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy_Humphrey

Very long story but I finally got this working. The short version is that a couple of months back the cRIO suddenly wouldn't accept anonymous FTP so I had to put a password on the account. Annoying but not too bad. However I suspect that's why the XNET database alias manager couldn't connect. If I specified the IP then I got an error message. If I tried specifying "username:password@ipaddress" it complained that was not a valid IP address.

While fiddling around with this, suddenly I couldn't connect via the web. It said the web server was not working. So I reinstalled the web server software. I wondered if it would allow anonymous FTP now so I removed the password from the account. Previously when I tried to do that it would say I couldn't have an account with a blank password, but this time it took it. Now I could connect with the alias manager and it worked just fine. Aliases uploaded, and my code now works. Frankly I'm still not sure what I did. Voodoo debugging: try stuff until it works.

In answer to my own question, I still have no idea where the XNET database aliases are stored but I believe that information would not have helped me anyhow. When you deploy a database, I seem to remember that LV converts it to some kind of binary format.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,217 Views)

We can't edit posts???

I just wanted to point out that above I of course meant "username : password @ ipaddress" (without the spaces), not the tongue-sticking-out emoticon.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,203 Views)

You can edit posts but I think you have a time limit on the order or 10 minutes or so, not sure what the actual limit is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,197 Views)

For future reference for anyone reading this post, the XNET database files are located here on my cRIO:

var\lib\ni-xnet\dbCache

Message 5 of 5
(1,361 Views)