LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find contract work using LabVIEW?

I am currently looking for some LabVIEW programming contract work. I have 3 years LabVIEW experience. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,885 Views)
I'm doing the same in Southern California, and I have the following suggestions.
1) Become best friends with the NI rep in your area. He knows all the people in town you WANT to know. Make sure he knows your skills, experience, and interests. Give him materials to distribute for you. Take him to lunch a lot, but don't BUG him. Make it a 2-way street, and see what he needs from you, like involvement in user's groups and meetings.
2) Look for any company posting a job for an engineer with Labview experience. Take advantage of that somehow, perhaps convinving them its hard to find both in one person, but if they hire an engineer, and contract your services, they can get started sooner, and save a TON of money.
Message 2 of 3
(2,883 Views)
There are two good ways to get contract work for programming with LabVIEW:

1.  Get certified as a LabVIEW Developer (CLD).  This will get your name on our website for customers to browse when looking for LabVIEW programmers.  This will also give you exposure to NI reps to they can be aware you're working and certified, even if they're not your rep, they could still recommend you to a customer in need.

2.  Become a Certified Professional Instructor.  You'll receive teaching contracts from NI that could last as little as 3 days, or as much as a month at a time based on your location and willingness to travel. 

View details at www.ni.com/training  >> Certification Overview

Regards,
Berenice Tostado
National Instruments Canada
Customer Education Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,762 Views)