LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using classic dialog controls in labview 7.1 why does the text color that I have selected always stays black?

I have an older program created in LV 6.0.2 that uses dialog buttons. The text color is red or blue. When I load it into LV 7.1 the color stays black. When I edit text I can see that the color is correct but it will not display the color when I leave edit mode on the control. Even if I select a new button from the classic tools pallete "dialog controls" I am unable to change the text color.

What is happening? Why does LV 7.1 prevent this text color change?

Roger
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,193 Views)
The dialog control colors are set by the operating system so they match other controls that the OS generates. So in LabVIEW 6, they were actually not behaving correctly.

The following text is from the LabVIEW help on Dialog controls.

"You cannot customize the appearance of the dialog spin control, slide controls, or progress bars because the controls and indicators use platform-specific drawing functions that do not support customization. You also cannot use Property Nodes and Invoke Nodes to customize the appearance of these controls and indicators."

If you need different text color, you'll have to use the non dialog controls.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,191 Views)