From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When creating installer files, there is an error:the system cannot find the customResource2052.dll file, what's the problem?

I am using labview2009, when I create a installer, there is an error report as blow:

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
Error accessing a resource module "E:\工作资料\项目资料\绿盾\builds\Untitled Project 1\...\Volume\supportfiles\customResource2052.dll".
The system cannot find the file specified.

*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFBuildDist_Build
Error in MetaToolbox::UpdateResourceString.
         strId: 3; New String:     ; LangId: 2052
Windows function LoadLibraryEx returned an error. Error code: 2
*** End Error Report

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,236 Views)

Hi super008,

The error can be due to some improper installation of a driver or any NI SW that the Installer requires.

Have you recently installed or Uninstalled any NI Software ?

Also -

You can see in the KB below -

That it could also happen due to some incompatibility with the .NET framework or adding exception in the AntiVirus.

SDK Error Code -12 When Building a LabVIEW Installer or Installing LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AFC375154EFBD6AE8625760B005FB723?OpenDocument

One more question :

Do you have any idea what is this resource :

E:\工作资料\项目资料\绿盾\builds\Untitled Project 1\...\Volume\supportfiles\customResource2052.dll    ????

is "Untitled Project 1" your project ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,224 Views)

Thanks for your information. As you said, after I closed the anti-viruse software of my computer, the error disappeared.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,207 Views)