LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would cause an Error In when there is no Error sent forward?

I've got a VI which is talking to a VISA equipment.  It sends frequency setting, through one sub-VI, the next sub-VI is power setting, and the last VI turns the RF power on.  Through this routine, it is error free until it enters the RF Power On sub-VI.  I've traced the problem to the actual input of this sub-VI.  Again, there is no error feeding into this sub-VI, but it thinks there is for some reason.  What could be causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(2,847 Views)

If I'm reading you right this makes no sense.  Are you sure RF Power-On VI is not creating the error?  What IS the error???

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(2,841 Views)

Post your code so we can look at what you are doing.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(2,838 Views)

Is the error input actually not wired, and been set to an Error and accidentally set to Default that way?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(2,832 Views)

Yes, I know it makes no sense.  That's why I turned here.

The error listed comes across as code -1074000000,  -113, "Undefined header +0, "no error"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(2,826 Views)

Posting my code, but I hope I'm doing this right.  Might need the actual project... at any rate, you should know it's not my sub-VI, but one I got from Agilent for a N5183A signal generator.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(2,825 Views)

The error in is wired in... and it doesn't appear to be a default value.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(2,824 Views)

Just about everything is missing from your VI (sub-vi's), or I don't have the add-on.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(2,819 Views)

As the description says, it's an error being generated by the instrument (-113). One or more of the functions does an instrument error query.

I would suggest placing all of the functions for both instruments in a simple linear chain. The GPIB bus does not support parallel operations like you have programmed.

Message 9 of 28
(2,812 Views)

Just to be safe, I would wire an error cluster control or constant into the "Initialize" vi.  (assuming that you aren't clearing the error inside the vi).  This probably won't help, but it is good practice to be sure you start out with no errors.

Do you have the error wired into any shift registers in the sub-vis?  If it isn't initialized properly, this could cause a problem.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 10 of 28
(2,807 Views)