From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of LabView do I ned to install in order to utilize the online Core 1 training?

What version of LabVIEW is necessary to access the online Core 1 LabView training? There are many choices for modules, etc. I want the cleanest, simplest installation which will allow me to complete the online LabView Core 1 training course.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,805 Views)

Did you look at this? 

Base, Full, and Professional are the 3 main types.  Nothing under anything but Base should be needed for the basics in the Core series.  No extra addons should be needed either.

If you have any hardware you want to try communicating with (which is the main reason people use LabVIEW) then you may need drivers or modules for it.  NI-VISA, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,777 Views)

Hi, Kyle, I was downloading a trial version of LabView. I didn't notice that there were those three levels of performance available, just a lot of check boxes for what you could install.

Thanks for the input, though. I think I'll try to muddle through with what I have installed and figure it out as I go along. This will be a temporary installation, just for purposes of online training.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,752 Views)