From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What part of the labview program code do I change?

Hello all Labview enthusiasts. I hope you can help.

I had a humidty control program that I use which was written by labview for use with a Pico humidiprobe (humidity probe) with a USB port. Unfortunately this version of the program has meen lost and I only have older version which is written for an older Pico humidity probe that has a serial port.

I use labview programs but do not write them. I was hoping it would be a simple job to replace the part of the code that was written for the old probe with that for the new and all will be ok.

Is it as simple as this?

If so could you point out which box it is in the code and to what I should change it to?

The program I believew is written in Labview version 8 or 8.2, although we have copies of 9, 8.2, 8, 7.2 and 2. I have attached the program to this post.

Any thoughts, comments, hints/ tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,061 Views)

This program is a pretty good candidate for refactoring.  It overuses stacked sequences and local variables.  If you have time, I suggest learning more about LabVIEW and rewriting this with a simple state machine.

If you don't have time, I think the relevant VIs are digiopen1_new, digiread-write_new, and digiclose_new.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,044 Views)