cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this symbol?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,
I am new to Labview and struggling with a few issues, not being able to zoom out being the most frustrating, but the fact that I can't search for symbols is a the current problem. Does anyone know what the following symbol(s) are for? (they might be the same thing just a different configuration) Or how to find out what they are? They are taking cluster data in and setting outputs based on values.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,935 Views)

They look like an FPGA Read/Write Node and an FPGA Invoke Node. If you press Ctrl+H and hover over the item it should tell you more information about it.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 8
(3,928 Views)

Hello Jacobson,

Thanks for the reply! That helps a lot! It looks like I need to install "NI Compact Driver Support", do you happen to know where to get that? I installed everything that said Rio from the package manager, apparently it's not in there. I found some driver packages to download from the NI website, but none say "NI Compact Driver Support".

Any idea about what driver package may include the Compact Driver Support?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gaarry

That node is part of the FPGA Toolkit, which is an additional purchase (you can probably download a 30-day evaluation if you don't have a license). If you already have the FPGA Toolkit installed and are still seeing that node disabled, then you might also need to install NI CompactRIO, assuming that you are using RIO hardware. You can either download it or install it off the Device Drivers disc that was part of your LabVIEW installation media (if you received it on a USB drive, it's there too).

Message 4 of 8
(3,842 Views)

Hi Nathand,

That answers the question, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,816 Views)

Looks like I should correct myself: while those nodes are used to access an FPGA, they are apparently installed as part of the NI-RIO driver, and can be used without the FPGA toolkit if you have a bitfile that someone else compiled. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-FPGA-Will-the-VI-run-after-license-expires/m-p/3139232#M9030...

"Also, as long as  you have the NI-RIO driver, you will be able to interface with that bitfile.  The NI-RIO driver installs most of the FPGA Host Interface palette (Open FPGA VI Reference, Read/Write Nodes, FIFOs) so if you have a bit file that never needs to be changed you're fine."

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,723 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gaarry

You can download the driver from here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-17.0/6629/en/

Take a look at the readme file in order to see the supported software.

Message 7 of 8
(3,690 Views)

Thanks CataM,

This driver is what I needed. And knowing that I needed it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,664 Views)