From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this frame on the front panel?

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I make the frames surrounding "Signal Frequency", "Signal and Filter Settings", and "Frequency Parameters" (picture attached)? I experimented with the controls and the closest I could find was the Thick Box in the Shapes section, but putting things in the box made them unusable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,102 Views)

Look under Modern >> Decorations on the front panel toolbox.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,086 Views)

Sorry, when I said "Shapes" earlier, I meant "Decorations" (the icon looks like a bunch of shapes). I tried the "Thick Lowered Box" in that section which looks exactly like in the picture I attached earlier, but when I put the stop button or anything else in the box, that button becomes inaccessible when the .vi runs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,080 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author calico_cat

Use the Reorder Controls Button on the toolbar to send the box to the back.  It must have a transparent center that let's you see the button, but is blocking the button when you go to click on it since it is currently in front of it.

Message 4 of 5
(3,066 Views)

Ah, that worked perfectly. Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,016 Views)