LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird waveform chart X-Scale behaviour

I am having trouble with my waveform chart...  I'm not sure why the x-scale is not ... 'attached' (for lack of a better word) to the plot area.  Why is it larger?  It's throwing my graph off, since if I leave it on autoscale, it won't let you scroll to see the whole plot, since parts of it are hidden by the non-plot area.

Currently all scales have been defined by me, and I have adjusted the size of the plot area, but I have done the same thing with other graphs and not had this happen (but I have run into other weird scaling issues with LabVIEW).

Anyone had this happen to them or know why it's happening?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,669 Views)
I can solve this problem two ways, but neither of which I think are the 'correct' solution...  if there even is one.  One, I can just edit the control, and resize the x-scale manually (however this is imprecise, since I can only guess the exact number of pixels), and two, I can delete the graph and create a new one, but this is annoying since there are a lot of attributes attached to it.  Is this a bug in LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,657 Views)
I had similar problems with LV's digital graph. What I ended up doing was using the graph's property node to set the X-scale dynamically based on the data I got and clock rate used. So the X-scale will have the correct mulitplier factor for displaying samples or timebase.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,652 Views)
I have also used that in the past, but can't for this particular application, since the clock (loop iteration) time is variable....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,645 Views)
Could you post your code, it looks like you are setting the x-axis incorrectly.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,634 Views)

This is a problem that occurs on rare occasions for no apparent reason:

Just do the following:  Right-click on the graph ---> "advanced ... reset scale layout"

(See also for example: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=106639  )

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-06-2005 10:19 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,634 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion Altenbach, but when I do that it puts all the Y-Scales on one side, and when I try to "swap sides" on those scales, it simply reverses the text, and doesn't move the scale to the other side.  I guess I'll stick with what I've done, which is just have the control manually edited.

As for setting the X-Scale...  I'm using the WDT as the source data for the chart, and thus the X-Scale (I was hoping) would work itself out.  I had previously had it autoscaling, and it was working exactly as I had hoped, but then I was playing with some of the tools on the graph palette, and what's shown in the picture happened.  Which forced me to manually set the scale.

I suppose I can't complain too much!  The ease of graphing is one of the things I like best about LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,621 Views)