cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService and Web Browsing Performance on SbRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm currently building an application featuring RT/FPGA code, Web Service and a Web Page front panel. All this run on a sbrio 9637, and I've some issue with the performance. My Labview code doesn't use much cpu performance, but I have a lot (?) function in my webservice (around 60), and some are called very often (I have permanently around 3 light [memory read and transmission, small amount of data] Web Service called at least 3/4 time every second). With my webpage being hosted on the sbrio, I reach a very high use of the two cores (85%+) and all my system rapidely slow down.

I didn't find much info concerning the performance of the webservice/webhosting. So my first question is : All my functions are inside only one WebService. Should I separate them ? Would this be worst of best relative to the performance ?

What do I need to know concerning the limit of hosting a webpage on such a device ? Opening a Webpage, even one without any kind of communication use up a lot of cpu.

All of my critical code is inside the FPGA, outside, I have "classic" code, using known mechanism which are not RT because they don't need to be (temporised while loop and queue to transmit orders between loops). But with time passing, everything get seriously slow (like : 0.2s reaction time in the beginning, and 10s after 5h, I'm forced to reboot), and I have no idea why. I know it's a very open question since I'm not submitting you a lot of element, but if anyone have ideas concerning this general slowdown I'll take it.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,230 Views)

Hi Joannick,

Indeed there are not enough information to help you at this point but we can give you some advices.

Indeed I was not able to find out any specific performance issue related to webservices. I would then suggest that you try implementing in your code a very simple WebService following what is written in a tutorial for exemple. That way you may be able to better isolate what is slowing down your code. Coding & testing per iteration is always a good debugging method.

I hope this helps!

M-Junior

Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joannick_DAM

Thank you for your answer Jun. 

I've tested some things, and it turn out the number of Web Service doesn't affect performance, it's all about the number of call. It doesn't even seem to depend on the quantity of data transmitted, but only to the frequency of the call. I've been able to significantly improve the performance by decreasing the frequency of my call, (and by slowing down the most power consoming VI in my application). 

Still, for the "RT + Webpage + WebService", the sbrio is rapidely limited. I'll take that in account in my nexts devellopements.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,190 Views)