LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDAV file info, type and last modification empty

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LV2013 SP1 and working to replace existing FTP functionality with WebDAV

For this task, I need to get a listing of files (*.tdms) on the RT (cRIO) and allow the user to select those for transfer.

My current FTP method displays name, date & size in a listbox for sorting and selection.

Regardless of whether I use WebDAV Synchronous or Asynchronous VIs to retreive a directory list, the file info's cluster type and last modification elements are empty.  The RT has WebDAV Server 13.5.0 installed.

WebDAV File Info.png

I did notice that the type is populated for text files (text/plain), but last modified is still empty.

I'm guessing the MIME type of TDMS files doesn't exist?  I don't require that information for sorting.

However, the last modified information is very important for my applications & users for sorting the file list.

Could this possible be an issue with any RT settings or missing software?

Thanks for any suggestions/assistance.

James

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,741 Views)

Hi James,

That is certainly a strange issue. Can you post up your code so that I can try to replicate the behavior?

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,692 Views)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the response.

You can use the NI Example Finder and enter "WebDAV" to locate the WebDAV Data Acquisition.lvproj and simply run the Windows WebDAV Sync.vi to see the problem with WebDAV Asynchronous VIs.  

I decided to use WebDAV Synchronous VIs in my application, but see the same problem.

Here's the WebDAV section of my code.

WebDAV Synchronous.png

Thanks for any suggestions.

James

LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,684 Views)

Hey James,

While I was researching this issue I found that you are currently working with another Applications Engineeer on a Service Request. From here it would be best to consolidate all of our effort on that Service Request. We will update this posting once we reach a resolution.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,657 Views)

Yes, I agree.

When the root cause is identified and a solution or CAR created I can update this thread.

James

LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,646 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James@Work

The issue has been assigned to CAR 513004

The problem details...

• WebDAV Server 13.5.0 & 14.0
  • RT Targets with VxWorks
  • The NI_WebDAV.lvlib, Directory Listing.vi does not return last modification values in the FileInfo.ctl array.

WebDAV File Info_2.png

James

LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James@Work

I hadn't thought about this thread in a long time, but this bug (CAR 513004) was corrected with the release of LabVIEW 2015; Release Notes.

LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,257 Views)