LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web published VIs running locally

I've seem web sites that have embedded VIs that seem to run on the client rather than the server (an  example at CNX). I've used the web publishing tool to embed VIs but I can't seem to figure out how to achieve the client-side effect. Does anyone know?
Thanks, Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,589 Views)
Hello,

The plugin required is described here:

If you don't have it installed, you should see a relevant message popup in your browser, such as:

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,575 Views)
Here's the popup screenshot:

Best Regards,

JLS

Message Edited by JLS on 04-02-2007 08:08 AM

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,568 Views)
I should clarify my question. I have the plugin and can run the example I linked to just fine. I was wondering how you can set up a server to do that (or if its even possible for an end user).
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,558 Views)

Ahhh, so you want to do what Connexions has done... here's what it looks like:

They've basically built a LabVIEW exe and linked it on the web.  To run a LabVIEW-built exe in general, you need the LabVIEW Runtime Engine, which they seem to be calling Connexions LabVIEW Browser Plug-in in the document I linked above.  The ini file they have you sticking in your My Documents\LabVIEW Data folder turns on the "run locally" feature so it runs on the client side.  The rest basically comes down to the following HTML source on the (you should be able to view this from your browser as well):

<div class="para" id="element-509">
    <div class="media labview example">
<object classid="CLSID:A40B0AD4-B50E-4E58-8A1D-8544233807AD" codebase="ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/tut/cnx_lv8_runtime.exe" width="840" height="540"><param name="SRC" value="DFD_Utility.llb">
<param name="LVFPPVINAME" value="DEP Tree Main.vi">
<param name="REQCTRL" value="false">
<param name="RUNLOCALLY" value="true">
<embed src="DFD_Utility.llb" reqctrl="true" runlocally="true" type="application/x-labviewrpvi80" pluginspage="
        http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/exwgjq
    " lvfppviname="DEP Tree Main.vi" width="840" height="540"></embed></object><p>Download <a class="cnxn" href="DFD_Utility.llb">LabVIEW Source</a></p>
</div>
</div>

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

JLS

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,547 Views)