LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform + Simulated data_phase detection

Hei,

Guys, 

I am trying to do a phase detection. First, data is from lab and wanna to add extra data over (by basic functon generator). Every time data should update, I am not sure for the lab data, because it never change in time, but the basic function generator data should change in time, i.e phase. The problem is that I am trying to multiply data and get a mean of them and to see how every time when I change the phase I should see a different value of mean, but it does not work for me. Frequency should be constant and amplitude as well. Maybe anyone have ideas what is the problem? "Basic generator" is in the cycle, but the phase does not show the reaction. The first data should be all the same as are before, but the simulated data should change all the time, i.e changing by the phase and why the mean is not responding to the phase changes? LabVIEW code added here it is over 6mb

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,630 Views)

What is wrong with code? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,611 Views)

Anybody, so advice what is wrong? Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Hi Jack, I didn't run the VI cause the file with data was missing but I simulated a signal and tried it that way.

Question: What are you using the shift registers for?

I ran the VI simulating a signal handling the error from the multiply function.

The multiply operation gave me the error that the dt from the functions didn't match, that's probably cause the sine wave is a periodic signal, so I fixed it disconnecting the constants on the 'sample info' on the 'basic function generator' so it takes the default values and run ok.

Also, the mean value of a sine wave is zero, so I guess that when you multiply any wave by a sine wave, and get the mean value, it's gonna multiply the mean value of the original wave by the mean value of the sine wave (zero) so it's gonna be zero, just a guess. Hope it helps.

Adrian

Untitled wave.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,531 Views)